CIJC was established on 27 September 1997 as a grouping of associations representing key construction industry stakeholders. The members of the grouping are:
Association Of Consulting Engineers Singapore (ACES)
The Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES)
Real Estate Developers’ Association of Singapore (REDAS)
The Singapore Contractors Associations Ltd (SCAL)
Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC)
Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA)
Singapore Institute of Building Limited (SIBL)
Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV)
Society of Project Managers (SPM).
The purpose of CIJC is to:
- Serve as a platform to unite all key players in the construction industry;
- Co-ordinate joint efforts to constantly upgrade the construction industry so as to play a key role in our economy;
- Provide quality feedback to the government on policies affecting the industry and problems facing the sector;
- Be a think-tank for the industry;
- Partner with the government to work out appropriate solutions to the various problems affecting the industry.
The Chairman for the CIJC is on a yearly rotation basis.
Seah Chee Huang