- With the latest revisions to the Code of Practice on Surface Water Drainage (with effect from 1 Jun 2013), Developers/Owners shall engage an ABC Waters Professional to design, oversee the construction of, and develop a maintenance plan for the ABC Waters design features. The design and design calculations for these features, endorsed by the ABC Waters Professional, shall be submitted to PUB as part of DC submission. A 6 months grace period from 1 Jun 2013 will be imposed by PUB on the new requirement to engage ABC Waters Professionals.
- If applicable, Developers/owners shall, on a yearly basis, submit a Certificate of Inspection on ABC Waters design features, endorsed by an ABC Waters Professional. The Certificate of Inspection shall contain declaration that the features have been inspected, and are maintained satisfactorily and functioning well.
- The ABC Waters Professional Registry aims to establish a list of qualified ABC Waters Professionals in the industry.
- The Registry also aims to enable the industry to recognize the quality design work carried out by ABC Waters Professionals who have successfully completed the accredited 4 core modules and 2 elective modules under the ABC Waters Professional Programme, for design, construction and maintenance of ABC Waters design features in Singapore. This will inspire the industry to improve the level of professional knowledge in ABC Waters design in time to come.
- The Registry will also assist the ABC Waters Professionals towards achieving better quality and standards of ABC Waters design through continuous education and training,increasing their competitiveness in the Singapore market as well as within the region.
Criteria For New Registration of ABC Waters Professionals
A new applicant for registration as an ABC Waters Professional must satisfy the following:
- Possess engineering/architectural/landscape architectural degree from universities recognized by Professional Engineer Board (PEB), Board of Architect (BOA) or Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects (SIA).
- Be a Member of
- Be a Professional Engineer registered with Professional Engineers Board Singapore (click here) or an Architect registered with Board of Architects (BOA) (Click here) or a Full member of Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects (SILA) (as applicable)
- Successful completion of 4 core modules and 2 elective modules under the ABC Waters Professional Programme
Any waiver to the above requirements must be approved by the ABC Waters Professional Monitoring Committee.
Criteria For Renewal of ABC Waters Professionals
With effect from 1st October 2016, renewal period will be changed from yearly to once every 2 years.
For renewal registrations as an ABC Waters Professional, applicants shall satisfy the following:
- Be a member of Singapore Institute of Architects or IES or SILA
- Be a Registered Architect or Professional Engineer who is registered under the Professional Engineers Board Singapore or a full member of SILA (as applicable);
- Has a valid Practicing Certificate in his/her own profession (as applicable);
- Attain 12 PDU (ABC) for renewal submission.
- Payment of subscription fee of $216.00 (included GST) for 2 years validity.
Renewal Application Form: