Reminders For The Submission And Judging Process
- This is an anonymous competition. The firm’s name, logo,
architect’s name and any other identifying elements should not appear
in any write-up, drawings, photographs, annotations or diagrams submitted.
- The Jurors will be viewing all entries from personal computers.
Please ensure all diagrams, sketches, drawings, photographs and
annotations are sufficiently large and of clear resolution for legibility.
- For site visits of large projects, the shortlisted firms are required to use
the allocated time effectively to show the Jurors key spaces
that best demonstrate their design intent and proposition. If necessary, the
architect can use printed conceptual sketches, plans and sections to
explain the overall project, at the beginning of the site visit.
- For Overseas and temporary Singapore Projects, the video presentation should reflect on the design approach and architectural narrative through thoughtful captures of the project’s spatial quality and human interactions within it. The overall presentation is to be kept strictly within the allocated 8 minute s with a subsequent 7 minutes for the Jurors’ Q&A.
- For Overseas and temporary Singapore Projects, a zoom presentation is permissible should the shortlisted architect not be able to attend the in-person presentation.
Entrant may send queries in English by email to SIA Secretariat at email@example.com. Such email shall clearly state “SIAADA 2023” as the subject heading. Only upon receipt of an acknowledgement email sent by the SIA Secretariat shall the query be officially registered for a response. Deadline for submission of questions is 27 March 2023.
Responses to all queries will be made known via a posting on Awards Website (www.sia.org.sg/awards/siaada2023) on or before 3 April 2023.
Entrant who elects to apply for participation after 3 April 2023 shall void their rights to submit any query. However, a copy of the responses to the registered queries will be extended to these late applicants.
Intellectual Property Rights
SIA shall have the right to publish, display, reproduce or otherwise publicise or communicate all submissions submitted, subject to appropriate citation and acknowledgement of the authors. Such right shall be exercisable by SIA without any payment, charge or fee whatsoever to any person.
SIA reserves the right to retain all submissions for the Competition for display after the winning ideas have been announced.
Join us today
The Singapore Institute of Architects is a professional organization established in 1963 with the objective to promote the architectural profession and the built environment in Singapore.
The Institute is the sole representative for architectural profession in Singapore.
The Institute’s mission is “To champion excellence in Architecture and the Built Environment”, and our vision is to see “Singapore as an Architecture Capital”.
Our members enjoy free entry to SIA-organized talks, opportunities to publish on our various channels, and many more.
Join SIA as a member today to gain access to members-only benefits!
Find An Architect
© All rights reserved