The main criteria for judging are:
- Architectural Quality,
- Originality / Innovation
- Sensitivity to Context,
- Environmental Sustainability & Climatic Response,
- Response to Users’ Needs, and
- Elegance of Construction & Detail.
The Jury may choose to reallocate an entry at its discretion to a different category where deemed necessary. In the case of a project entered separately for different categories, it shall be the Jury’s sole discretion to judge the project under the category which, in their opinion, is the most fitting for the project.
The decision of the Jury is final and shall not be negotiated, contested, reviewed, challenged or appealed against by any party through any means or process whatsoever. The Jury may, at their own discretion, decide not to give any award for any of the category.
- Jury Panel:
- Ar. Melvin HJ Tan, President of Singapore Institute of Architects
- Prof. Heng Chye Kiang, Head of Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore
- Ar. Raymond Woo, Principal Architect of Raymond Woo & Associates Architects
- Mr. Minsuk Cho, Founding Partner and Principal, Mass Studies, Seoul
- Mr. Eric Parry, Founder and Principal of Eric Parry Architects
- Facilitator / Moderator for Jury Panels:
- Ar. Chin Kean Kok, Chairperson for SIA Design Awards Committee
- Ar. Fiona Tan, SIA Design Awards Committee
Entrant may send queries in English by email to SIA Secretariat at email@example.com. Such email shall clearly state “SIAADA 2023” as the subject heading. Only upon receipt of an acknowledgement email sent by the SIA Secretariat shall the query be officially registered for a response. Deadline for submission of questions is 27 March 2023.
Responses to all queries will be made known via a posting on Awards Website (www.sia.org.sg/awards/siaada2023) on or before 3 April 2023.
Entrant who elects to apply for participation after 3 April 2023 shall void their rights to submit any query. However, a copy of the responses to the registered queries will be extended to these late applicants.
Intellectual Property Rights
SIA shall have the right to publish, display, reproduce or otherwise publicise or communicate all submissions submitted, subject to appropriate citation and acknowledgement of the authors. Such right shall be exercisable by SIA without any payment, charge or fee whatsoever to any person.
SIA reserves the right to retain all submissions for the Competition for display after the winning ideas have been announced.
Join us today
The Singapore Institute of Architects is a professional organization established in 1963 with the objective to promote the architectural profession and the built environment in Singapore.
The Institute is the sole representative for architectural profession in Singapore.
The Institute’s mission is “To champion excellence in Architecture and the Built Environment”, and our vision is to see “Singapore as an Architecture Capital”.
Our members enjoy free entry to SIA-organized talks, opportunities to publish on our various channels, and many more.
Join SIA as a member today to gain access to members-only benefits!
Find An Architect
© All rights reserved