Due to the current Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and the government’s raising of the risk assessment to DORSCON Orange, SCL Singapore has decided to postpone the seminar “Picking Fruit from Scorched Earth – Practical Tips for Managing Construction Arbitrations Efficiently” originally scheduled on 24 March 2020.
The new date will be communicated later depending on the public health situation as well as our speakers’ availability.
24 March 2020
Our speakers will:
- Discuss some of the recommended tools and techniques for the effective management of complex and evidence-heavy construction industry arbitrations.
- This will be from the perspectives of:
- The study conducted by the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR Task Force and the construction arbitrations administered under the ICC Rules; and
- The “user’s” view from participating in international arbitration in the construction space. With a particular focus on practical tips to encourage faster and cheaper arbitrations, and to avoid costly experiences with arbitration.
- The speakers will also touch on matters covered by the following 2019 publications:
- February 2019 update to the ICC Commission Report on Construction Industry Arbitrations – Recommended Tools and Techniques for Effective Management; and
- 2019 Queen Mary University of London International Arbitration Survey: International Construction Disputes
The seminar is intended to benefit all current or potential users or participants in construction arbitration.