Dear SIA Members
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the electronic Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Singapore Institute of Architects will be held on 9 September 2020 (Wednesday) 7pm via zoom
1. To receive and adopt the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
2. To receive and adopt the Report of the Council and reports of the Honorary Secretary and Committees
3. To receive and adopt the Institute’s Annual Balance Sheet and Statement of Accounts for the year ended December 31, 2019.
4. To elect the Office Bearers and other members of Council
5. To appoint Kwan Wong Tan & Hong as our External Auditor for the financial year 2020
In light of the COVID-19 situation and pursuant to the relevant order under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020, the following arrangements will be adopted for the Annual General Meeting:
1. Attending the eAGM
A member will not be able to attend the Annual General Meeting in person. A member may only attend the Annual General Meeting by observing and listening to the proceedings of the meeting by electronic means.
(a) Electronically Present
The eAGM scheduled on 9 September 2020 (Wednesday) 7pm will be conducted via zoom. Members can register to attend via this link and the meeting details will be sent 3 days prior to the meeting.
(b) Appoint Chairman as proxy
Members who cannot be electronically present on 9 September 2020, can appoint the chairman of the meeting (President, Singapore Institute of Architects) as proxy to attend, speak and vote at the meeting. Proxy forms to be submitted via member online portal (available to submit from 28 August 2020 to 5pm, 9 September 2020).
2. Questions for the Annual General Meeting
A member may submit questions for the Annual General Meeting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All substantial and relevant questions will be addressed by the office bearers at the Annual General Meeting. Questions that concern a matter that will be put to a vote is closed.
(a) All voting at the Annual General Meeting will be by proxy. Chairman of the meeting (President, Singapore Institute of Architects) will be appointed as member’s proxy to vote at the meeting.
(b) Voting period is from 28 August 2020 to 5pm, 9 September 2020 via member online portal.
Honorary Secretary 59th Council 2019/20
Singapore Institute of Architects