General Procedures for Reporting CPD Activities
- Licensed architects can earn CPD Points by attending events (seminars / courses / workshops / conferences / competitions / exhibitions) offered by BOA-SIA/CPD or its Registered Providers.
- W.e.f. 1 January 2003, all attendees will have to bring along their identity cards for registration purpose.
- An e-ID registration machine (scanner) will be provided by SIA for the seminar to record attendance electronically. If scanner not available, SIA will base on the actual signed Attendance List to record attendance.
- Certificates of Attendance (COA) will not be issued with effect from Year 2003 onwards except for foreign architects without pink or blue NRIC, issuance upon request only. Please email to email@example.com for COA.
CPD Points Records for Renewal
- All licensed architects are required to keep their own CPD summary record where the record can be downloaded and printed from SIA online dashboard (http://smo.sia.org.sg).
- Any discrepancies in their records should be reported latest by 15 November each year.
- Failing which, such summary records will be treated as accurate and correct, and will be forwarded to BOA for the renewal of their practising certificate.
- If there is insufficient CPD point by the deadline, their practicing certificates will not be renewed unless they make up for the shortfall of points in the first few months of the following year.
Procedures for Individual Applying for CPD Accreditation
(Application will take at least 2-3 weeks)
- Application for Overseas Courses attending
Individual Architect to send for accreditation for overseas seminar, documents to be submitted as follows:
1) Completed overseas CPD accreditation application form, please click here (please provide softcopy)
2) Seminar leaflet with course synopsis and speaker’s profile.
3) A validated/authenticated Certified True Copy Proof of attendance such as certificate of attendances or achievement.
4) Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org for your submission.
NOTE: The architect is encouraged to submit for accreditation before attending the overseas seminar. Submitting for accreditation after attendance of overseas seminars is also allowed on condition that such submission should be done within 6 months from the date of the seminar. Submission for accreditation after 6 months from seminar date will not be allowed.
- Application for being an Overseas Courses Speaker
Individual Architect to send for accreditation for being a speaker for overseas seminar, documents to be submitted as follows:
NOTE: The architect submission should be done within 6 months from the date of the seminar. Submission for accreditation after 6 months from seminar date will not be allowed.
- Application for participation in Committee Works (non-BOA or SIA Committees)
Individual Architect to send for accreditation for participation in committee for the year the architect serves on the committee, documents to be submitted as follows:
NOTE: The architect submission must be done right after the architect completed the committee term. Any application after the year in question will not be entertained.