The UIA-UNESCO Validation Council for Architectural Education seeks practicing architects to serve on school of architecture validation panels and to conduct on-site reviews of architecture programmes seeking UIA validation.
In partnership with UNESCO since 1992, the UIA validates schools of architecture through assessments that include site visits to the institutions requesting validation.
Education in architecture includes the preparation of students for successful entry to the profession—a joint endeavour by educators and practitioners.
Report groupsfor UIA-UNESCO validations usually include five persons, two of whom are primarily practitioners and represent practicing architects:
· A chairperson [typically a full-time educator]
· A visit reporter [typically nominated by the validation manager]
· Three additional members, including both practitioners and educators.
Site visit commitments
· Three-day site visits are part of the validation process, supplementing the school’s written documentation through direct observation, structured and unstructured engagement with students and faculty.
· Site visits allow the UIA to develop in-depth assessments of the program and to verify documentation on site.
· Site visits are arranged well in advance, with all expenses paid by the requesting programme.
· Substantial full-time professional practice and experience with a broad range of project types.
· Experience with academic work and architectural education.
· Some familiarity with validation, accreditation or related assessment processes.
Deadline: Tuesday, 30 April 2019
All UIA Member Sections are welcome to submit nominations, and may do so through their UIA Region Vice Presidents, who will forward them to the UIA Secretariat. Please send one-page nomination letters and candidate CVs to:
Region 1: Lorenz Bräker – email@example.com
Region 2: Nikos Fintikakis – firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 3: Roberto Simon – email@example.com
Region 4: Jong-Ruhl Hahn – firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 5: Mohammed Munyanya – email@example.com
UNESCO-UIA Charter for Architectural Education: