The submission information includes
- Submission Category
- Name of Project
- Project Summary (Maximum 50 words)
- Long Project Description (Maximum 300 words)
- Name of Client
- All Consultants’ information
- Completion Date
- Project Address
- Floor Area (GFA in sqm)
- Project Cost (in S$)
- 1 Hero Image w/ captions (600 by 600)
Gallery Images (12-20 including plans, sections, elevations and other drawings) w/ captions
Key products and suppliers
- Photography credits
Individual Photos / Images
Hero Image and a maximum of 12-20 representative project images with captions (drawings and photographs) to be uploaded individually (in jpg format).
The Project Description comprises the following:
- Setting out client’s brief,
- Planning constraints,
- Materials and method of construction,
- Any other noteworthy design challenges and features
The 50-word project summary
For Overseas Category and Temporary Singapore Projects (Pavilions, exhibitions, etc.)
- In lieu of a physical site visit, the shortlisted firm Finalist will be invited to present to the jury panel.
- Present a short video (max duration 3mins) and follow up with an in-person presentation. The total presentation duration will be 8 minutes.
- Presenters can choose to present via PowerPoint, Prezi, Mentimeter and other presentation tools
- The presentation should demonstrate the project’s context, narrative, background, architecture & spatial quality, materiality and detailing.
- The Jury will follow up with a 7-minute Q&A.
Recognition of Joint Authorship and/or Associate Designer
Where the project is carried out in association with another firm, due recognition must be accorded to the other firm. However, the participant must be the principal / main architect of the project submitted, a major contributor to the project and be an SIA member. The entrant shall be solely responsible for ensuring the submission is agreed and consented by the authors, including joint authors, before making the submission.
Consultants and Key Suppliers Information
The project team and main material suppliers who played a major role will be required to be identified at submission stage and, if awarded, may be credited in selected write-ups and press releases.
Accuracy of Submitted Information
- Ensure that all information and spelling is correct in the forms as this information may appear in publications and on the plaques. Any errors on your part will be corrected at your expense. The onus of submitting the most updated and complete information pertaining to the submission (e.g. project information and consultant details) lies with the submitting party. Any missed information may result in disqualification.
- SIA accepts no responsibility for publication of incorrect spelling or inaccurate information supplied with the entry.
The participation fee is as follows:
$480 +GST ( $523.20 with 9% GST)
Subsequent Entries after 1st Entry
$420 +GST ($457.80 with 9% GST)
Payments are to be made together with the online submission. Acceptable mode of payment is with credit cards (VISA/Mastercard/AMEX) with Stripe.
No Refund Policy
Entries are not eligible for a refund if they do not meet the requirements of the jury, withdrawn after the closing date, or disqualified.
Duties & Obligation of Entrants
- All participants must submit only original work, and any instances of plagiarism or unauthorized use of existing designs will result in disciplinary action.
- Participation in the SIA Architectural Design Awards implies that unconditional acceptance of the contents of the Awards Terms and Conditions.
- SIA Fellow / Corporate Members must be registered with the Board of Architects, Singapore, with a current Practising Certificate (a copy to be uploaded as part of the submission). This is applicable for submission in Categories A, B, C, D and E.
- All participants/partners/directors of participating firms must have no arrears with the Institute.
- Each participant is duty- and ethics-bound to ensure his/her submission materials are authorised, and there shall be no copyrights or ownership issues with any other party/-ies related to the project/s submitted and the materials contained therein. All permissions to disclose information, copyrights, enter competition, use of information for publication etc. from the owners, clients and project consultant team are to be obtained by the entrant. SIA bears no responsibilities for agreements on non-disclosure and copyright between architect, their owners and/or project consultant team.
- The Architect of the Shortlisted Finalists shall present the projects to the Jury Panel during the site visit(s), except for those in the Overseas Categories and Temporary Singapore projects, wherein the presentation shall be at the SIA, 79 Neil Road, Singapore 088904.
- All participants are not permitted to publish the results prior to the notification of the Jury’s final decision and official announcements by SIA. The Institute reserves the right to disqualify any entry which does not comply with the requirements.
- All announced winners for the awards are required to participate in media interviews, public exhibitions, SIA held seminars and showcase sessions to present the ideas encapsulated within the design. Failure to participate in these events may be grounds for disqualification.
- For the 4 nations category shortlisted projects, the presentation will be done via Zoom on the morning of 15 May 2024.