Thursday, 06 August 2015
National Heritage Board (NHB) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth. NHB champions the development of a vibrant, cultural and heritage sector in Singapore. Its role is to make heritage an enriching, relevant, accessible and above all, enjoyable to Singaporeans and visitors alike. If you share our vision of making heritage an enriching part of everyone's life, join us in our journey to explore and examine our cultural legacy.
- Manage and conduct periodic inspection of the National Monuments
- Administer the National Monuments Fund (NMF). This involves identifying Monuments which warrant restoration and which qualify for NMF
- Perform technical work that is related to the proper preservation, conservation, restoration and maintenance of National Monuments
- Build and research on technical know-how and database
- Minimum Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Part 2 accredited qualification, e.g. Bachelor of Arts (Architecture) or Master of Science or Post Graduate Diploma in Architecture Conservation
- Should have experience in conducting site inspection and background in conservation work
- At least 3 years of work experience in similar capacity
- Keen interest in conservation and preservation work, heritage and local history
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Pleasant personality, organised and willing to accommodate difficult or challenging issues that might surface
- Ability to correspond effectively in a second language and/or dialect would be advantageous due to frequent interactions with dialect-speaking owners of the monuments
To apply, please email resume with subject title "Application for Architectural Consultant" to
The closing date for application is 11 September 2015.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.