(A) Steps to Being a CPD Service Provider
1. Apply to the BOA-SIA/CPD
- Apply online to be CPD Service Provider. Please contact SIA if more information or clarification is required.
- Allow 8 weeks for your application to be processed, prior to the commencement of the CPD programme.
2. Develop your professional development programme(s)
- CPD Programmes need to be pre-approved by BOA-SIA/CPD (quality control is maintained by an audit system) and Service Providers may submit their programme for evaluation and determination of the points to be awarded online.
3. Market your CPD programme or course
- Your programme upon approval with CPD points will be added to CPD Calendar of Events on SIA’s web site.
4. Report attendance of participants of your programmes
- CPD Service Providers are to send the seminar / course to the BOA-SIA/CPD Records Office at Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA), least two months prior to the commencement of the seminar / course. CPD Service Providers are also responsible to submit the attendance list of participants of their programmes to the BOA-SIA/CPD Records Office within two weeks of the completion date.
(B) BOA-SIA/CPD Guidelines Overview
All BOA-SIA/CPD Service Provider programmes must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least one (1) hour (60 minutes) in length
- Non-bias, non-partial, non-bashing, not marketing a company’s products or services
- Have a clear purpose and intended learning objectives
- Be organized, structured and designed as a learning activity
- Planned and presented by qualified individuals in the subject matter
- Be registered with the BOA-SIA/CPD Records officer at least two (2) months prior to the event
- Be reported to the BOA-SIA/CPD Records officer at least two (2) weeks after completion
This list is not all-inclusive.
What types of programme(s) can offer CPD points?
Education activities that value-add to Continuing Professional Development could qualify for CPD points (if all guidelines are met):
- Facility or site tours
- Computer based training
The number of CPD points awarded will depend on the contact hours and subject content of the activity, which is subject to evaluation.
Note : All CPD courses and programme are subject to the approval of the Joint Accreditation Panel and they are not liable to explain the rationale of awarding points.
- Government Agencies – Government agencies who offer professional development activities to the architectural profession and construction industry.
- Non-Profit Professional Institutions – Professional institutions from the construction industry who offer professional development activities.
Basic Benefits & Services
BOA-SIA/CPD Providers receive these Basic Benefits and Services:
- Authorization to publicize organization as a “BOA-SIA/CPD Service Provider” and education programmes as “Registered CPD Service Provider with BOA-SIA”
- Accreditation of CPD programmes by SIA
- Use of E-ID machine free of charge
- Architects attending approved CPD programme will be recorded for CPD points
- List programmes in the CPD Calendar of Events on SIA website
> Application to be a New CPD Service Provider